This is a page dedicated to Survivors, especially those who consider we have nowhere else to go.
And to some of what our Allies (`Direwolves') can do.
There will obviously be a wide range of materials triggering to some in the below links.
" 'Survivor' is what some 'rape victims' call ourselves, because 'victim' perpetuates disempowerment, though some people are Survivors of other dreadful occurrences. "
A number of non-normative Survivors have recently asked us to run this.
1) Alternative Welcome's type of Safer Space Rules apply throughout this activity: both to the doing of it and to the organizing of it. In particular, this is an abuse-free zone.
2) It is in the manner of our safer spaces to supply an activity to do (for now posting unusual theories as per 3) as well as a deeper reason why (awareness commentaries on survivors, at present especially as regards non-normative survivors' issues).
3) We understand that some people may find discussion of survivor issues triggering.
We also understand that some people find some parts of A Game of Thrones (AGoT) triggering. If so, you might not wish to read that particular activity page since its contents are a mixture of theories about AGoT and of survivor issues; there are various other webpages concerning survivors below aside from that one. If needs be, we can direct you to a different activity to do.
These webpages are also equipped with trigger warnings.
4) We are not a campaign. One effect this has is of accommodating people who don't feel able or willing to participate in campaigns, whether on similar matters or on any matters. As such, do not assume we are a campaign, nor ask us to do campaign-like things. In particular, we spread awareness to those who happen to read this, as opposed to demanding change of others. Amongst other things, that has the effect of allowing us to change our safer spaces' own way of doing things, which is far quicker, if far more local, than demanding change of others. That serves our purposes of forming refuges which have high awareness and are abuse free zones. Plenty of survivors, amongst others, wish to have at least one place they feel welcome and safe at, even if it's only open for a couple of hours now and again.
5) The groups writing this do not consent to this website being publicized elsewhere, nor to it being linked to elsewhere without permission. We reserve the right to say No without having to say why if people write to us asking for permission to link or publicize elsewhere; that is in fact our default position.
6) We will never regard these webpages as completely finished or necessarily free from errors or misunderstandable phrases.
Broadening inclusion of Survivors by broadening understanding of what people perceive as sexual
A start on the true diversity of Survivors
Some basic points concerning Survivors.
Some basic points concerning Non-Normative Survivors
Some matters of wide relevance to Survivors
Some alternative peoples' comments on generic consent workshop contents
On Survivor and Closeted matters being too interlinked for separate support of either to be widely effective.
And from the Closeted side of things...
Unusual Theories about A Game of Thrones, with comments about Survivors and Abusers. This illustrates various of the issues, and is the current activity page.
Again, whereas writing such theories is 'the activity done here', rather clearly, the Survivor matters why we do this are far more important than what activity we do.
Having an activity gives people something to do, and allows people to pretend they're there for that part in cases in which they daren't say they're taking shelter for other reasons.
People are welcome to participate in the theorizing alone, provided that they respect the abuse free zone and the mission statement why this is there in the first place. Participants here for such 'other reasons' are essential in allowing participants to be here under closeted reasons.
We are not expecting A Game of Thrones theorizing to be everyone's cup of tea, nor shall we cover all Survivor matters here. We shall however cover many of those Survivor matters which so happen to hitherto have been largely neglected elsewhere.
If this activity does not suit you, kindly just go build your own Survivor supporting awareness pages and help pages elsewhere; nobody's stopping you from doing that. On the other hand, some Survivors, and Allies of theirs, need pretty much this, which for now is not known to be available elsewhere, so we provide it here. We ask all visitors to respect this.
We will also write a Non-Normative Survivor arc in the Easter 2016 to Michaelmas 2016 chain-story. This chain-story is intended to be in the style of 'Cloud Atlas' and 'Sense-8' but dealing only with still-to-be-acknowledged adversities and oppressed peoples... It shall be called Cloud Nine...
Adversities faced by Kinksters, including Survivors...
Here are further materials for more on Non-Normative Survivors and on being an Ally to Survivors in a wide range of usually unmentioned circumstances. This is some of what is being tidied up to produce various more new awareness pages.
Finally, clink on the below button for more about Avoidant Survivors...