Below keeps track of the main changes...
New awareness pages
[This last one links to Intersectional Survivor resources.]
Cambridge Safer Spaces Waterfighting Rules updated (covers also the Duelly CakeFaeries, which now has a new webpage link as follows :)
Pages with some updates
Pages with some updates
*** Listeny Faeries have a new tool
*** Homerton has been caked. Some cake seen in Newnham, Trinity Hall, Caius and Sidney...
Cake in Queens' and Emma. Prizes in various random places. Silly book prizes, Duelly water-gnu prizes.
Some CakeFaeries now have further CakeFaerie Parents.
*** The Anacondas start to send in suggestions for further updates.
*** CakeFaerie Teashop Crawl.
*** Cake in Peterhouse, Pembroke, Caius. Fruit, for a change, in Trinity Hall. Apparently Golden Snitches are fruit these days :)
*** Amateur poetry spotted... Almost un-bear-able puns made elsewhere...
*** Silly CakeFaeries' Chainstory continuing at:
Cake in Trinity, Selwyn, Robinson, Christs', Magdalene, Lucy and Clare Colony.
*** This own term's chainstory topic confirmed. It is a new version of the 1939 classic `Wizard of Oz' film, now set in 2039.
By way of explanation of this topic, we provide Articles 1) and 2) below.
Lent Article 1) An Account of the 1939 classic `Wizard of Oz' film.
The 1939 film is widely taken to portray Gay men in the U.S. while this was still illegal, due to which they are Closeted.
The sepia 'reality' of Kansas is the film's depiction of the then-current 'reality' of Kansas. This features Dorothy's interactions with three farmhands (Hunk, Hickory and Zeke), a travelling fortune-teller, and a legal bully (Ms Gulch). Ms Gulch takes Dorothy's beloved dog Toto away to be destroyed, just because 'the law says she can do so'. At that point in time, 'the law' also criminalized homosexuality, and 'legal bullying' is well-known to be among the very nastiest forms bullying can take.
Dorothy copes with these things first by singing of a more utopian world away from such grim realities "Over the rainbow". More than a few LGBT* rights people have argued that this is the origin of the LGBT* Rainbow Symbol. Secondly, upon Toto escaping from Ms Gulch's bicycle hamper, she runs away from home with him to avoid his recapture. It is in doing so that she meets the travelling magician, who uses rather cheap and dishonest tricks but none the less appears to have her best interests in mind in convincing her to return home. But a tornado is coming and Dorothy's absense from home causes her to be caught just short of the house's shelter hatch. She is hit on the head, and then sees the house has been sent flying by the tornado. Ms Gulch on her bicycle is also airborne and transmutes into a broomstick-riding witch. The house lands with a thud.
Dorothy iconically opens the house door to reveal full colour filming outside (this was the point in history when filming in colour was starting to become possible). The world outside is very brightly coloured, and Dorothy thinks she is no longer in Kansas but on the other side of the Rainbow. The world outside is initially deserted, but once the Good Witch in the North Glinda has determined that Dorothy is also a Good Witch, the local inhabitants - Munchkins - emerge to celebrate. For it appears that Dorothy's house has landed on top of the Wicked Witch of the East, thus freeing the Munchkins from her. Unfortunately, her sister, the Wicked Witch in the West (Ms Gulch in livid-green facepaint) turns up and wants the spoils (the Ruby Slippers, which Glinda ensures stay with Dorothy) and revenge too for good measure: "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!" Bullies often target perceived weakness, in this case Dorothy's dear little Toto. Moreover, Dorothy still wishes to get back home. Glida recommends she do so by 'following the Yellow Brick Road' to the Emerald City, where resides the great and powerful Wizard of Oz. He'll know how to get her home!
So Dorothy sets out. The road branches. She wonders which way to go. The Scarcrow by the crossroads says "pardon me, this way is a very nice way" He then points the other way: "it's pleasant down that way, too." Dorothy has by now noticed that it is the Scarecrow who is addressing her. He then says "Of course, some people do go both ways." Many of the more savvy viewers interpret this as meaning that Straight and Gay are both entirely fine and valid ways of being. Some might go further in suggesting that he goes both ways himself, i.e. that he is a very early film portrayal of a Bi person. The most important thing is that Dorothy accepts him for who he is, and is helpful toward him. His main concern is that in being stuffed and sewn together, he wasn't accorded a brain. Dorothy suggests that the Wizard of Oz might be able to sort this out too. And so off they march.
The eventually encounter the Tin Man. He has rusted to a standstill in the middle of chopping down a tree with his axe. They make use of the oilcan now beyond his reach to get him moving freely once again. Dorothy accepts him too. When he dances his own way, Dorothy and the Scarecrow laugh with him and not at him. The Tin Man's main issue is that the Tinsmith had not given him a heart. Dorothy and the Scarecrow suggest that the Wizard will be able to fix this too. Some viewers consider the Tin Man's oilcan to refer to certain activities that require lubrication, and point out that he goes around brandishing a big chopper besides! He is also very insistant that the woods around them contain Bears as well as Lions and Tigers. Some viewers consider it likely he'd personally known Bears in those parts, Bears being argot for heavily-built, older, and thus hairier, Gay men.
It is however a Lion that they encounter. The Lion threatens the Scarecrow and the Tin Man, but when he tries to lay into Toto, Dorothy slaps him and he burst into tears. He is a Cowardly Lion. He symbolizes that some bullies are cowards who collapse if challenged. Unfortuantely, some other bullies set out destroy anyone who dares challenge them (Ms Gulch/Wicked Witch of the West), and it is very hard to tell these two types of bully apart. Having seen him break down in tears, Dorothy accepts him too. At first he doesn't want to be part of the group ('who'd want to be seen associating with a Cowardly Lion?', he asks, in pretty clear parallel to 'who'd want to be seen associating with an LGBT* person?' back in Kansas, where it was at that point 'illegal').
The Lion has since been argued to exhibit a number of Trans features. (This long pre-dates issues about declaring pronouns, so we'll keep on using 'he/him' for the Lion here, out of not knowing the Lion's preference in these matters...) He calls himself a 'dandy-lion' and a 'sissy', and has his hair permed and done up in a red lace. A few more recent viewers have even additionally viewed the Tin Man as proto-Aromantic, to the Scarecrow's proto-Non-neurotypicality. Though in both cases, they want to change these things about themselves, whereas many Aro and Non-Neurotypical people don't want these aspects of themselves to change. They just wish to be accepted as they are, which is what Dorothy provides. Dorothy is a great Ally to these three, and they in turn help her too. Moreover, the three of them are played by the same actors as the three farmhands: Hunk is the Scarecrow, Hickory the Tin Man and Zeke is the Lion. So in some sense, sepia Kansas is how these lived Closeted in a highly unsafe world, whereas they are their Out Selves in the land of Oz. Indeed, "a friend of Dorothy's" is US slang for an LGBT* person, and the actress Judy Garland herself was very well known as a friend and supporter of Gay men.
Continuing with the theme of bullies, the Wizard of Oz decides to pit the four of them against the Wicked Witch of the West. They will only get their wishes granted if they give him her broomstick, and this will very likely require them to kill her. So off they set, but their party is mobbed by the Wicked Witch's Army of Winged Monkeys. These have since become slang for forced or unwitted flunkies thrown by narcissistic bullies to mob anyone who dares oppose them. They capture Dorothy and Toto. The other three try to rescue her and are also captured. The Wicked Witch then sets the Scarecrow on fire - what he is most afraid of. This is also in accord with who the very nastiest bullies operate. But this is her undoing, since Dorthoty upends a bucket of water to save her friend, and the Wicked Witch is caught in the cross-water (cf cross-fire!) and this turns out to melt her.
So back to Oz they go, only to discover that the Wizard of Oz is a humbug who drifted there from the Omaha State Fair in an out of control balloon. He is indeed played by the same actor as the travelling Magician. He knows know magic, but his entertainer/con-artist background nevertheless equips him with the right psychology to satisty the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion. (By use of, and the scriptwirters' mockery of, University Diplomas, Philanthropists' Testimonials and War Veterans' Medals). He finally resolves to take Dorothy home himself in his Balloon. But Toto chases after a Cat and Oz doesn't know how the Balloon works, so Dorothy gets left behind. Then the Good Witch of the North appears, and reveals that the Ruby Slippers always had the power to take Dorothy home, though she'd have to see that for herself before she'd believe enough in them to use them. And so Dorothy returns home, i.e. wakes up from her head injury coma back in Kansas, surrounded by her Aunt, Uncle and the three farmhands, to the words "there's no place like home".
Lent Article 2) About the Chainstory.
* It's to be about current oppressions that are suffciently deep-seated that they'll probably still not have public awareness, sympathy, legally protected status... in 2039.
* It is to be made in the image of the number nine. It is Cloud Nine over the Rainbow: a tentative third member in the sequence "Cloud Atlas" and "Sense 8". Those have complex multiarc plots that connect between each other, and have the authenticity of a Trans directorship's take on many historical and current prejudices. This mention kind of invites some of us here to write introductions to Cloud Atlas and Sense 8 similar to the above one for the Wizard of Oz. We'll look to have that ready for the *next* edition of the CakeFaerie News...
* Sense 8 has 8 character arcs. Our Cloud Nine goes one further, literally :) We also have not three but *nine* characters Dorothy meets en route. And not four but nine Wizards/Witches as well. These are in each case still partly open for chainstory writers to contribute.
So far, our cast includes:
* The Tin Scots-Person. We'd long decided on a Tin Person rather than a Tin Man, on Gender Presentation grounds. But then the Silly chainstory writers came up with the further sillier Scots-Person idea. The other ancestry of this concept is from Monty Python having a Scotsman who claims he's made entirely from Tin.
* The Pansexual Scare-Drone. He is male. It's not quite clear how to scare drones, since this didn't become a problem until 2025... What we do know is he brandishes an Umbrella carrying the Million Labels patterning. Some of us suspect this is actually a drone disruptor, somewhere between a satellite dish and an ultrasound cannon. But, being an umbrella, he is quintessentially British (from Finsbury Park, apparently).
* The Cybernetic Dragon. A physically mighty cyborg partly in place of the lion; moreover, we do away with 'Cowardly'. This character is, rather, a Conscientious Objector. And not just to War, to Politics, Activism, Bureaucracy and Journalism as well. So this one stands for Apolitical, Anactivistic, Abureaucratic and Ajournalistic folks.
* The Lizard of Liz: the supposedly most powerful being in this Land of Liz. Rumoured to be both a Lesbian and an Anarcho-Pacifistic, Scion of the mighty Pacificosaurus Insurrex. One may find this character by marching down the Golden Scaled Anaconda (stand-in for the Yellow Brick Road), who is a gigantic Anactivistic Entity. There is still a dispute over whether Liz lives in Greeeeeeeen City, out of Apolitical love for this crocodilochromatic hue, or whether she lives in Mithpronounthed Thapphireth Thity. As anactivists outselves, we may resolve it by her residing in both at different times (summer and winter courts).
* We have a Wicked Wizard of the Wild West (who is apparantly bright orange, rather than luminous green).
* And a Wicked Witch of the West Coast as well as a Wicked Witch of the East Coast, *and* a Wicked Witch of Widdershins (who is presumably good at head-ology).
* We have the Great CakeFaerie in the Sky playing the part of Glinda.
* We have most of the Geek and Alternative Subculture Socs of Cambridge playing the Munchkins (and Winkies, and Widdershinskins).
* So we still have six places open for people Dorothy meets and accepts, and three places open for good/evil/indifferent/humbug Witch/Wizard/Wizpersons. By which we've got a half-full house.
* The sotry is also in nine chains firstly made separately, and then subject to minor interactions between them a la Cloud Atlas/Sense 8.
*** Vegan Pear Cake makes an appearance in several places :)
*** We now have art for the Apolitical button:
Lent Article 3) An outline of Anactivism
The great online Ace Haven (AVEN: Asexual Visibility and Education Network) has a substantial number of Anactivistic features. This is a good place to begin discussing many of the features of Anactivism (quite a lot of Anactivists here are also Aces, so, at least to us, the below is very familiar and very clear).
Community guidelines at AVEN include:
"Personally insulting other users is unacceptable".
"Making judgments about other users, especially about the validity of their asexuality, is strongly discouraged. We are here to figure ourselves out, not to put each other in boxes."
[This one has a certain amount of Acategorical content as well. And corresponds to each person figuring ourself out in our own terms, rather than having others' worldview or ideology imposed upon us... More generally, Anactivists don't do, let alone push, consensuses.]
"Controversy is fine, getting frustrated and even angry is fine."
The first two parts of this remain part of a wider range of Anactivistic spaces.
It is however furtherly Anascivistic for anger not to be fine (Anactivism is spectral, so some guidelines can be more anactivistic than others.)
Spaces that listen to what many Survivors, Currently Bullied, Closeted... people need, where these people feel safe enough to dare raise this matter, is their need for No Anger spaces.
So, whereas we have all of AVEN's Anactivistic tenets in our owns spaces, we ourselves are No Anger spaces as well. This is to reflect that between some of us today and some of our founders 20 to 30 years ago are Survivors, Currently Bullied, Closeted, and as such we require No Anger spaces. There's a very large number of other spaces which condone or even encourage anger. So if you need to be angry, there's plenty of spaces for you elsewhere, so don't be angry here in the presence of Survivors and Currently Bullied people and Closeted people who really aren't OK in the same general area as any individuals being angry.
Lent Article 4) Anactivism: A Brief Glossary.
Apolitical: Has whichever of no interest or no belief in politics.
One subcase is no belief in politicians.
Another is no belief in the goodwill of politicians: a case of the Action-Agent Problem.
Yet another is no belief in political parties, e.g. that politics would be fine if politicians only represented their constituents rather than 'voting in parliament having to be in line with party dogma'.
A final one we mention here is no belief in political processes, or in their applicability to some or most walks of life. E.g. even if the politicians represented their constituents, didn't belong to any parties nor were there any parties to belong to, some hold that 'elected political class' has no business in our society. (Often literally, as in "this university society would function better with self representation from whoever cares enough to turn up rather than with some 'elected committee' of tin-pot student-society-politicians!)
Anactivistic: Whereas Activists believe in changing 'the system', Anactivists believe that " 'the system' plus the Activists and their notion of change" is but a very slightly larger version of 'the system'.
For instance, Anactivists may be Conscientious Objectors to any kind of group or institution that makes threats, by which they may refuse to belong to some, most or all Activistic groups as well as refusing to belong to 'the system'.
As useful background, some Activists say 'the system' is based on being a monopoly on violence. Meaning that the state doesn't oppose violence itself, but rather any non-state groups conducting any violence on that state's territory. Some anactivists then retort that 'the state is but an attempted monopoly on violence, that making threats is also a form of violence, one which the state is less effective at monopoloizing because activists and other individuals, companies and institutions als succeed in having a cut in the threatening that goes on in that state.' Some Anactivists moreover also consider Conscientious Objector to extend from the familiar 'to war' to other cases such as 'to politics', 'to activism' or 'to abuse' and 'to threat making' more specifically.
In saying 'some Anactivists', we are referring to Anactivism being spectral - so Anactivists differ among ourselves as to how Anactivistic we are. Indeed, Anactivism doesn't condone consensuses, 'making others agree with oneself' or 'imposing one's views on others'. By which Anactivistic opinions about almost anything vary. One of the very few which doesn't vary is that each person has the right to think for themselves.
A particularly Anactivistic position then is to be a Conscientious Objector to all forms of 'Might is Right', including thus not only war, but also abuse, threats, rhetoric, politics and activism. Not that all Anactivists are this Anactivistic :) Conscientious Objector to rhetoric is in fact not uncommon among Activists, as in "being a good debater gives you no right to argue that Trans people have no right to exist". This led some of the more modern Feminists to say "Rhetoric is Violence". And it's then only a small step to add "and I am a Conscientious Objector to Violence"...
Abureaucratic : Person who has no interest in, or no faith in, bureaucracy.
Some will do the bare minimum in bureaucracy to get by.
Others may refuse to do any on principle. This is not uncommon among Homeless people. In some cases, they are Homeless in the first place out of 'the system' not recognizing that some people are badly triggered by any kind of bureaucracy. E.g. some Survivors consider themselves to have been silenced by bureaucratic procedures...
Ajournalistic : Person who has no interest in, or no faith in, journalism.
Some require No Contact from journalists. E.g. Survivors who've been mistreated or subjected to use as pawns by unscrupulous journalists 'looking for a story', 'not respecting source privacy', or who've written in part about 'what was said off the record'.
Some have no faith in journalism until it gains and credibly implement standards that prevent the previous from happening again.
Finally, some people who've been badly mistreated don't just refuse to go to the papers; they refuse to read anything from news outlets either.
Arhetorical: Of a group or society in which being good at debating can't be used to impose oneself or one's views upon others.
Alegal: Person who has no interest in, or no faith in, the legal system. E.g. many of the 85% of Survivors who don't report to the police have no faith in at least one of the police or the courts.
Amedical: Person who has no interest in, or no faith in, the medical-type professions or vocations. E.g. many of that 85% of Survivors also don't go to the doctor or counsellor.
Aportal: Person who doesn't accept that any profession whatsoever has any right to gatekeep private individual matters.
E.g. a Trans* person who considers their gender to be what they say it is, without need for 'legal' or 'medical certificates', or any kind of 'medical diagnosis' or any 'medical procedures' such as 'surgery' or 'hormone replacement threapy'.
This example is quite a common source of deep-seated abureaucracy as well.
Aninstitutional : A person who believes that no institutions have any right to interfere with any aspect of their identity as a person.
Sometimes also a person who isn't OK with any institution 'wielding power' over them, or possibly even having any 'power to wield' in any other context. Aportal is clearly a subcase of this. Another is not being OK with institutions which involve massive power asymmetries, such as between an Oxbridge College and a student thereat, or between the Armed Forces and a single Private e.g. being subjected to removal therefrom in the 1990's for 'being Gay'. Such point out e.g. that 'in other universities, halls of residence don't make it very hard indeed for a student to change from one such to another, by which in these other places it's rather easier to avoid one's rapist or bully by changing whereabout one lives'. Other topics often mentioned in aninstitutional discussions are the appalling treatment of Trans* people by pretty much every country's prison system, and how legal systems discriminate against Poly individuals and Poly families.
[Compare also Atheist, Asexual, Aromantic with this article]
[Other less common A's already documented on these websites include Acategorical people and Asadistic Dominants.]
Michaelmas 2016 CAKEFAERIE NEWS
Off to an early start on the socfair days itself: Caius and Trinity Hall get the early cake from Lady Margaery.
Fitz is next, while the FruitFaerie does Medwards in parallel. Papayas inspire Daenerys to want to give out perfect avocadoes as well as just fruit. Warning: Fitw has narrow pigeonholes. Garibaldi-narrow. Shortbread narrow. A flapjack usual Fitz (groans).
Some of us got caked by nearby stallcrew at the socfair.
A chocolate cake offensive has been launched through the centre.
A raspberry cheesecake appears at the Deliverer and Duelly CakeFaeries' Squash. Two CakeFaeries leave from there with many cookies and lemon marmalade cake and granola flapjacks, resulting in three further colleges getting caked.
Several duels occur here.
Birgitte Silverbow fires her cake arrows all the way down Grange Road. A Newnham door, Wolfson (including a Mango), Selwyn, Robinson, Burrels Field...
2 kilos of heart-shaped cakefaerie love ordinance is introduced into the CUSFS Squash (Sci Fi). It is a Boardgames themed Squash. A rare in-person Badging occurs there.
Medwards has cake again. Churchill has assorted industrially wrapped chocs.
Cakefaeries Duel on Parkers' Piece.
Kings' shares a cake. So does Johns'. Some of that makes its way to Magdalene also. Homerton shares out a cake too.
CakeFaerie Baking occurs. Big scale: five cakes are made: brownies and also spiced coconut cake with lemon icing.
This results in large amounts of cake appearing in Sidney, Emma, Pembroke, Corpus. A Bakey Faerie who couldn't make it gets measuring spoons instead of cake. There's another pass at Trinity Hall due to new signups.
Some of this cake is forwarded to Homerton in a daring cross-city move. Another batch goes to the Quidditch team, apparently.
There is another CSSW Battle, including three Duelly CakeFaeries. It is no longer raining conkers in the area, fortunately, unlike the previous Sunday...
The Silly CakeFaeries begin to receive welcome packs. Some cakefaerie badges are being sent out also. The Silly CakeFaeries respond with lines for the
chain story about three Machiavellian Penguins all called Alan...
More cakes may have moved around, though we have no confirmation of this for now... One reason for reading this is to report unmentioned cakes received since it gives us a better idea who hasn't been caked yet...
CakeFaerie Parenting - the parallel of College Parenting by CakeFaeries - has now been called.
Cakefaeries are welcome to submit CakeFaerie news items :) We hope to embellish this term's proceedings soon...
[News much shortened by work starting on all those awareness pages listed at the start of the Lent 2017 News... Most of our creative output went into these in Mich 2016 and over Xmas...]
Lent 2016 CAKEFAERIE NEWS
* So, we're off with a CakeFaerie Raid into the Hell Colleges...
First is New Hell, followed by Church-Hell...
Satan rules in these parts!
Satan bids you welcome to her rendition of Hell's Kitchen :)
Please Sign Up Again, o CakeFaeries of Mefitzopolis and Lucifer Cavendish! And starting a population in Witchfield would also be nice! And up the hill, Gorgon College.
* Next Order of Business, CakeFaeries' Teashop Crawl!
It's this Saturday, starting at [Redacted pm] at [Redacted locale] in [Redacted location] and eventually proceeding to the centre via various other teashops. Each stop involves fun and games as well as tea and cake :) This activity is also a pick-up point for slices of cake to give out if one is an Active CakeFaerie. Which bunch we are should be fairly clear from some of us carrying glittery wands, and so on :) Be welcome to reply if interested in turning up to that, though you're also welcome to turn up unannounced.
with thanks, The Great CakeFaeries
This included a Sheila Meeting on the first stop :) Jonathan Livingston Seagull is read.
This group visited e.g. Corpus Antichristi and Pithiushouse Broken; the CakeFaerie at Broken Pentagram wasn't in.
And so on to Antichrist's, Gone to the Devil and Caius, Trinity Hell and Demon's Claw College.
* Meanwhile, Cakes Appear at Homerton, by non-mephistoclean means. What do you want to call yourselves, Homerton fief?
* CUSFS has also now been chocolate-caked!
* The Centre Remains Hobbiton. Hobbiton is visited to extricate the Soc-equipment. This results in their chief being armed with cake and foil as well as chocolate.
* Woland vists -M-o-s-c-o-w- Cambridge, with her whole Camdemonium!
It's the Master and Margarita all over again!
Beware Behemoth the Devil in Giant Cat Form!
And here's some News for that event .
Unsurprisingly, we caked the end of that too, in the Genoan style, all Currents and Glace Cherries :)
* Speak of the Devil: reports of a separate raid unto Hell Wings College and Mamon-Real Court of Claw College... Parenting is the rumoured motive...
* Indeed, there's been some signups for Soc-Parenting, and plenty of offers to Cake Too...
* We've also a member in the Guild Police Force looking to recruit troops for that...
* Christ's and Pembroke Caked!
* Sheila Chainstory is continuing! It's a Choose Your Own Adventure Story about the Life Cycles of a Phoenix!
* One of the Phoenices Reborn is an Apple Strudel CakeFaerie Phoneix!
* Our Geeks and Kinksters have started to contribute side-chains, the latter using the Emblem of a Squid in a Levitating Steampunk Harness as the chain branching point!
* The Geeks, on the other hand, have resurrected the ghost of R0xx0r teh n00b Prince, and have introduced Richard Phoenixon's Good Double from Omicron Prime...
* As a guide, as well as the matter of Trans pronouns, Dominant pronouns are often to be written in capitalized form...
* Ace and Pan Phoenices have also appeared; we'll be looking to draw pictures of all Mythical Creatures mentioned, if not in the full finery of the titular picture herself:
* And now Anactivists have started to arrive.
Using dinosaur imagery.
Cue Jurassic Parkour!
* So these people have inducted Anarchosaurs such as Phoenixosaurus Anarchopacificus Insurrex, as well as an Anactivistic Phoenix of Future Awareness...
* It might do at this point to consult last Lent's CakeFaerie News...
* Our safer space soc-group is itself Phoenix-shaped because we adhere to the principle of 'do all good things which nobody else provides'... which is aeon-dependent.
We are currently in a newly-reconstituted Nixlet state, quierping amidst the ashes...
* The Sheila "Phoenix" Choose Your Own Adventure Chainstory is growing in leaps and bounds...
* We still lack a definitive noun for a collection of Phoenices...
* We are however going with the Anarchosaurus Pacificus Insurrex as the Mythical Creature of Anarcho-Pacifism...
* With the Anaconda of Anactivism...
* And with the Acategorical Cat, as follows...
* Elsewise, the cross-city Heros lauched two raids into the Centre and the South, from where the local helpers of Unholy Trinity, New Naamah and Pithiushouse were able to come out and join us :)
Wolf Colours and various Wands have been awarded for this venture.
And at term's end, Hobbiton distributes to the remaining places and to some of the places raided in the interim for a second time...
Some Lembas munitions have been noticed in the Hell region, from Church-Hell to Magnificent-Talons College.
* And Sheila and her Dog's 30th Anniversary Party has been caked!
* Someone really deserving has won the Good Person/Good Soc of the Term Award!
* Spare chocolatery from Sheila 30 also made it to the Guild End-of-Term Duel :) In which General Alcazar makes mincemeat of all the other opponents in turn, by taking a more direct mode of action... Las Dopicas is his again!
* And an End of Term Battle, with Cookies, many-on-one violence, Hunger Games played with initially empty Jolts and further rounds of Capture the Pride Flag...
Some new peoples' pride flags have been nominated; some of these people as yet have no pride flags, so we'll try out new designs.
It is determined that a Trivalent is a Switch who additionally considers Vanilla to possess nontrivial extent and thus oscillates between all three of Dominant, Submissive and Vanilla situations. This might be indicated with a visible white dot in the centre between the Switch arrows.
Others are suggesting that the Trivalent symbol include further arrows or be in the shape of a two petal flower with sizeable middle.
Asadistic BDSM people have also been noted. In principle, any of the six lobes of BDDSSM can be absent, and not just in combinations indicating dominance and submission.
Asadistic BDSM looks to be easier to render extremely safe than other versions.
* Closet Disabled matters and dealing with social anxiety have also been raised.
* The successor to the Phoenix Choose Your Own Adventure Story shall be Cloud Nine, taken as the third member of the series Cloud Atlas and Sense-8.
I.e. nine initially non-interacting chains, which are then finished off by adding small but very significant interactions between the nine chains.
To involve currently unrecgnized/invisible minorities, probably including some of those about which awareness is currently being raised in the Phoenix chain story :)
* Write in to volunteer to give out Cake in the upcoming exam term...
* And a welcome to people benevolently reading this from other countries... this is one of those months in which some country other than the UK is reading our webpages to a an even greater extent than the UK is. Our best wishes out there :)
* Here's a miror copy of the chainstory so far...
Here is our current, ongoing Choose Your Own Adventure Chain-Story:
* If you're a health and safety person, go one to page 2).
* If you're a pyromaniac, turn to page 15).
page 2) She also asked her friend to take all of her INflammable things, despite the fact that these by their very nature ought not to catch fire, because of something she'd heard at a college health and safety talk she had attended in her youth.
page 3) At the talk she had learned that at high enough temperatures atoms themselves began to dissociate and react in strange and interesting ways, which sparked an interest in fyzicks...
* If you're interested in consulting the Local Amphibious Authority on such matters, turn to page 4).
* If you feel self-sufficient in such matters, however, turn to page 10).
page 4) So the Phoenix decided to approach the chambers of one Sir Throatsac Toadon, so as to seek further enlightenment in such matters.
page 5) She entered humming a fanfare from Handel's Fireworks Music, only to find him immersed in contemplation, with the concentric rings of his kaleidoscopic eyes focused upon a 'Treatise on Opticks'.
* If you decide to wait patiently, turn to page 6).
* If, however, you decide to offer him an AurorBolt Dark Chocolate Coated Ginger Biscuit, turn to page 27).
page 6) He gargled rambunctionously, all the while directing light from his phosphorescent iris rings into a matching pair of prisms.
page 7) The Phoenix's tail-feathers began to smoulder, causing Toadon to sit bolt-upright. "My Alchemical Pursuits beckon..." he croaked, before noticing the presence of the Phoenix.
Page 8) "My dear, are you aware that your Tayle is on Fyre?" he asked.
She looked at him a little crossly, but not too much, for she simply couldn't find it in her to be in an unhappy mood in this most wonderful of moments.
"Yes, I am very much aware that my Tayle is on Fyre." she replied. "That's why I'm here."
page 9) "Oh, well in that case it is almost time for your ..." He paused, for a moment, a concerned expression forming upon his bulging face.
"Could you just come out here with me?" he urged. "You see, I have been studying the properties of Hydrogene, a most flammable gas. It would be a shame if your transformation were to blow this home apart."
* If you wish to partayke of ye Hydrogene, turn to page 71.
* If you trust rather in the Fire Troupe's wares, turn to page 86.
Page 10) "Ah well", she thought, "I shall have to go somewhere not just INflammable, but UNflammable."
So she flew to the very top branch of the Great Kookaburra Tree, whose bark was scorched but undamaged from the many flarings of the many Phoenices who had visited it over the years.
Page 11) At the top of the Great Kookaburra Tree, before settling down to the task of being reborn, the phoenix broke a Great Kookaburra Tree Nut off one of the branches, cracked it open and ate it.
Page 12) She would need the extra protein that the large nut provided for her transformation and Great Kookaburra Tree Nuts are also known to be incredibly delicious to Phoenices.
Page 13) The firm flesh inside the hard shell of the Nut tasted wonderfully rich and smoky and was even still slightly warm from the last blazing phoenix that had sat atop that Tree.
Page 14) And so she began to smoulder, whilst performing the Zaupitquiem on Voice, and Portable Synthiklavier. And mice joined in, with little Triangles and decidedly not mouse sized Trombones!
* If you'd like to be Reborn as Phoenixxor teh n00b Prince , turn to page 55.
* As Richard Phoenixon's Good Double from Omicron Prime , to page 76.
* As Phoenixosaurus Anarchopacificus Insurrex , to page 180.
* Or as The Anactivist Phoenix of the Far Future Awarenesses , then to page 190!
page 15) Next she lined up her fireworks, dominoes-fashion, such that her passing would ignite a chain reaction with rebirth as the finale.
page 16) And then she began to sing.
* If you are a Chilli Pepper Phoenix , so that yours is the Song of Spice and Fire, pass to page 35).
* If, on the other hand, you are a Phoenix Superstes Evitans , pass to page 47).
Page 17) The Story of Phoenix Generofluidiniensis
[Picture has been comissioned]
t.he + (1 - t).she was reborn from the ashes in a smouldering of pink and white and cyan downfeathers ...
page 18) "Good morning" said t.his) + (1 - t).her next door neighbour.
"My name is Nic the Nixlet, and my pronouns are he.sin(Tt) + she.cos(Tt) with an approximate period big-T of three months. At the moment, Nic is approximately 2/3 Nicholas and 1/3 Nicole. And who are you?"
page 27) 'Fiery', he Splutteraciously Ecroakulated whilst manipulating his prisms and rolling around the pupilocentric rings of his phosphoroiridescent occularia.
page 28) 'Yet I much prefer Handel's Water Music to thine overture' he gargled before diving off his lilypad studychair into the Greate Courte Ponde outside.
page 29) 'What are thine requestes of this Amphybicist who Squats Taller than All before, by Crouching on the Head of a Vertical Salamander?'
page 30) 'I would like to safely start a fire' the Phoenix Replied.
page 31) 'Ah, Kineticks, Thermodynamicks and Combustionne... I'm afraid you're in the wrong century for that', he replied.
page 32) 'But in the next ponde along, you can find a Venerable Squidde, named Ink-stained-board Kink-Dom Brunnel, who applies Thermodynamicks to Engynes of Tractione and to the Design of Steame-Punke Fetishe Outfittes'.
* If you would like to visit this Mythical Squidde of Steampunk Fame, go to page 75.
* If you'd rather make the Fire Troupe your next point of call, go to page 86).
page 35) 'O Nutmeg Sharp and Capsaicin Hot, I Re-enter the Melting Pot...'
* If you wish to be reborn so that when you moult the CakeFaeries can make an unforgettably delicious Apple Strudel from each of your feathers, pass to page 36).
* If, on the other hand, you wish to be reborn as an even hotter Devil's Bonnet Habanero Ice Pepper Phoenix , pass to page 41)
page 36) The CakeFaerie Phoenix
Xe dusted off the ashes from xer antennikins, as plumes of Cinnamon and Vanillessence rose from xyr icing pen shaped Nixlet's beakikin...
page 37) Next, xe unfolded and admired xer transluscent pastel winglets. Xe was now a Phoenix Fadacrustalam Strudelmalocinamomumvanilliensis! "I must now make and deliver cakes" xe said "so as to Receive a Wand to Call My Own..."
page 41) The Chilli Pepper Phoenix
She dusted off the ashes from her tiny horns, as plumes of smoke and pyrocapsaicinessence rose from her baby pepper shaped Nixlet's beakikin...
page 47) Phoenix Superstes Evitans's Song
"In going up in flames,
I ask for a better world,
Where the Shy can do as they please,
page 48) Rather than just what they are told.
Where the Meek are Offered Cheese,
page 49) Freely rather than from baited traps,
And Differences of opinion are protected
page 50) Rather than sat upon till they collapse.
Where the Vulnerable are accepted,
page 51) without ever having to Say Why.
And boundaries are respected
page 52) and those Presenting as Men are Free to Cry."
And with that, the Phoenix Returned to the Ashes...
page 53) and a tiny beakikin peeked out from the ashes, quierpling .
page 54) With a ruffle and a puffle and a fluffle of feathers, the little Nixlet 'quierp'ed and shook off some of the ash, blinking at the bright and blurry world all around.
* If the Nixlet's pronouns are xe, turn to page 37).
* On the other hand, if these are t(he) + (1 - t)she, go to page 17)
* Finally, if these are She, jump ahead to page 130).
page 55) Phoenixxor teh n00b Prince
Phoenixxor teh n00b Prince had a TRuddeliously Gigantic Sword and a distaste for the cliquey orcs from the great underground holdfast of l33t...
page 62) "Will you lend me some Will, Magnificent Phoe?" wriggligarglejected The Squidde. "With will, I can rise out of this gravitational well I am elsewise well stuck in..."
page 63) "You know the chore", she replied. "I will will you some will if you Mention Everything that Begins with 'M' ... "
page 64) "Strictly speaking" They Ink-erjected "that applies only to Treacle Wells. However, I have Materialized a Massive and Magnificantabulous Suche, in Mine ante-Macassaribularium thither..." they said, pointing to the last door on the left with no less than five tentacles.
page 65) "My Mana is Mauvgenta, My Mantra Mandibulbousbeakocentric, My Mantle Macrolanoheptachomatispectrale, My Manner Matrianarchistic..."
page 66) "My Mathematical writings based on Matrices, Matroids, Modules, Manifolds, Measure Theory, Mappings, Monotone convergence, Metrizability, Minimal polynomials, Monads and Multiplication in Monoidal categories..."
page 67) They floated across to the door in question, and opened it. "And May I interest you in a Modicum of fresh Treacle?"
"Would that help in safely lighting a fire?" asked the Phoenix "As it May be time for me to Move on one turn around this Mortal coil. For us Phoenices do not Moult, or expire and Moulder..."
page 68) "This Treacle Mine of Mine indeed produces Metastable Treacle. Let Me Mine you a Mine in this Mine of Mine...
O Multiuseable Memes!
Hurrah, horray! Let's put on a display!"
They Writhed Tentacularilevitating Hexumphantly in their Joy.
page 69) "This Mine from this Mine of Mine, is of a kind that projects stars and sparks." They continued, producing a treacleodorescent tubule. "Being a Squidde, I'll set it off with a Squib, and it will burn Safely, Spectacularly and with Ink-Redible Precision..."
page 70) And so the Phoenix placed the Magical Treacle Firework between her wingtips, and the Squidde remotely set off a Squib. Stars and Sparks began to emanate, and the Phoenix began to Sing...
* For rebirth as Phoenix Vanilliensis, turn to page 120.
* For rebirth as Phoenix Dominans, turn to page 130.
* For rebirth as Phoenix Submissibilis, turn to page 140.
* For rebirth as Phoenix Trivalens (oscillating between all three of the previous) turn to page 150.
page 75) When our Phoenix arrived, she found the Squiddle Ink-stained-board Kink-Dom Brunnel relaxing in Their pond sporting a most exciting harness fashioned out of ethically produced but very realistic artificial leather, titanium buckles and stainless steel cogs and wheels, which were all interlocking and intertwined in more intricate ways than the eye of imagination can comfortably conceive.
* If the Squidde's Zeppelin Harness is Steam-Powered, turn to page 95).
* If, au contraire, it is Will-Powered, turn to page 62).
page 76) Richard Phoenixon's Good Double from Omicron Prime
(Alias "FireGate" !!!)
page 86) And so the Phoenix came unto the domains of the Paraffyne-Godde, as ministrated by the Pyromantulaic Priesthoode of ye Barrelle-Bearynge-Trolleyes, all Bedeck'ed with Strippes of Flamynge Kevlarre mount'ed into Mephistophiloparaphenalia.
page 87) Fan of Horns, Devilstick, Dragonstaff, Flaming Trident...
page 88) The Phoenix, two Poi, a Devilstick and a Flaming Hat simultaneously lit up the night sky in intricate patterns, and the Phoenix sang...
* For rebirth as an Ace Phoenix, turn to page 89.
* For rebirth as a Phoneix Demisexualis, turn to page 110.
* For rebirth as a Phoenix Panromanticus, turn to page 160.
* For rebirth as a Phoenix Generofluidiniensis, turn to page 17.
And upon the ashes, the Acenixlet builte her Neste.
As a place to return to for a modicum of rest.
page 90) With enough space planned lest a cuddlebuddy visit
And a storage jar from which in the meanwhile to Biscuit.
Page 95) "HELLO THERE." boomed Squiddle Ink-stained-board Kink-Dom Brunnel's voice in a very booming way. "WELCOME TO THE-"... They frowned, then adjusted a dial or two on Their harness with a quiet hiss of escaping steam. "Welcome to the - oh, that's better. I had the volume up far too high. My apologies."
Page 96) "Welcome to The Socioindustrial Revolution" They offered. "It is simultaneously the 1860's and the 1960's here...
Page 97) "Let Maxwell keep his puny Electro-Magnetic Unification. Steame-Punke Unification rules here..."
Page 98) Much as the speed of light automatically appears from the oscillations in electric and magnetic fields propagating each other in his, in mine, Kinke Waves automatically propagate due to the oscillations in the Steame and Punke fields propagating each other..."
Page 99) And lo and behold, multicoloured hair sprouted from Their Calamarine Brow in contra-tempo to the bursts of steam keeping the Zeppelin Suit airborne! And They began to sing.
Page 100) The Airborne Squidde's Songe of Steame-Punke-Kinke Liberaytionne
"The Squidde's zeppelin suit was Fluorescente Pinke,
And prevented Them from too quickly releasing Inke.
For they were into that kinde of Kinke...
Page 101) Their Steam Engine Funnelle was kind of cute,
But with tentacoyles, one can easily dispute
Thine Wishe to weare a dazzly Rubber Boote...
Page 102 A Tentacoyle Corsette, on the other hande,
Remains as a concepte rather magnilogrande.
O Mighty Pink Lead Zeppeloyd Band!
Page 103) And the final thynge to consydere
Is the steame-dryvvern Kink-netic Theory's warme aire
Don't just behold, but gaspe and gawpe and glare!
Page 104) Will you keep my fires lit, O splendid Phoe,
So I can soar every higher and be forever free",
They exclaimed in Ink-arous-like over-glee...
page 110) The Story of Phoenix Demisexualis
page 120) The Story of Phoenix Vanilliensis
page 121) The Nixlet was reborn,
from the frozen ashes,
inside an Ice Cream Cone,
upon an Ice Cream Counter,
in an Ice Cream Shop,
in an Ice Cream Street,
in an Ice Cream Town,
in an Ice Cream World,
in an Ice Cream Galaxy,
a long time ago, far far away...
page 123) (massive orchestral fanfare...)
The Rebel Alliance
of Cinammon Bun Flavoured
Biscuit Crunch and Jedi Rock--
Candy Stick of Sour Apple, and the
Chewey-Decimal Chocolate Number-Munche,
Were hanging around in a Tutti-Frutti Rebel Cremerie
On the unillumimated part of an Ice Moon in the Goth planetary System ...
(cut to a picture of Vanilla Stormtroopers, forming up in a vast and incredibly regular square, to the sound of the Imperial Vanilonormative March...)
page 125) Han-flavoured popsicles don't feature in this story due to having been obtained nonconsensual...
page 126) This story is to involve, rather, ... Jenga Fetish.
page 127) Ah, the joy of -s-e-x- stacking little pieces of wood...
page 130) The Story of Phoenix Dominans
The fire-proof boots were holding out well.
page 131) Sensual flames rippled along Her outstretched wing as She looked down upon the face of Her adoring prey...
"Of course you can have more icecubes, My sweet..." She cooed "but in My own time..."
"Mmm, now you're begging for My warmth... I'll remove My Ice Queen Mask and don the Feather of Warm Sensuality in My headband... My sharp talons are now sheathed in My soft velvet worship-boots, though you'll first get a long wing-cuddle" She smiled.
page 140) The Story of Phoenix Submissibilis
"More Ice-Cubes, Ice-Queen-Mistress", she begged, all leashed and pinned upside-down onto the turn-table...
And, very eventually "I beg for the warmth of your gaze and of your feathers" ...
page 150) The Story of Phoenix Trivalens
page 160) The Story of Phoenix Panromanticus
page 170) The Story of Phoenix Demisexualis
[Picture has been commissioned]
page 180) The Story of Phoenixosaurus Anarchopacificus Insurrex
So you've heard of when Earth was ruled by the Mighty Archosaurs!
But what you may not have heard about is when Earth was freely roamed by the Anarchosaurs of Peace!
page 181) This occurred at some point between the Perestroika-iassic and the Jurisprudence-assic, in the Ancient Supercontinent of No-middleman's-land.
page 182) For here Actio-agento-problemitis, Sleazerruption and Ban-on-seeking-office-prior-to-two-decades-doing-a-real-job-itis had successively wiped out the minoritarian but ruthlessly plutocratic and grotesquely bloated local fauna of Politicosauruses...
page 183) and so the twin oppressive magalotheriums of archonormativity and cratonormativity were placed on the back foot, and each Anarchosaur did as they pleased...
page 184) Some began to Construct a Crocodilomorph out of Cardboard... (*image links please!*), and to paint said Contraptions in the Deepest and most Lurid Greens...
page 185) For it was Fetish Night over at Rocksoc, and some of the Anarchosaurs wished to make a Big Splash there... (To the music of 'The Final Countdown')
``Our Macroserrato-Maxillarodontic Jawdibles,
hues of Greeeeeen, Greeeeeeeeeeen,
O Swampostagnecent Omniverdessant Grreeeeen!
Crotalocamouflagescent Grammarlibertescent Greeeeen!
O Nilocentric Nihilauthoriesscent Greeeeeen!
For some rockers wear pink as reaction to most wearing black,
And to us green is the new pink, so cut us some slack!
It's the Fi-nal Croc-Soc!
page 188) Emerald-grass-escent, Toothy-grin-crescent
Yes we will rant, to us Greeeeeen is the new Pink and...
It's the Fi-nal Croc-Soc!
page 188) But meanwhile, elswhere, other Anarchosaurs fashioned the Raptor Queen's crown, and did examples sheets on subjects of their own choice, and manufactured Vegan Enchiladas Just Because :)
And Phoenixosaurus Anarchopacificus Insurrex lived happily forever after with her commune of original, unrestricted and pacifistic friends.
page 190) The Anactivist Phoenix of the Far Future Awarenesses
[The Anactivistic Anaconda has, at least temporarily, been temporarily adopted as a mascot. This Mythical Being wears a "Conscientious Objector: Gentle Hugs Here Only!" T-Shirt:]
[The Anactivistic Anaconda has, at least temporarily, been temporarily adopted as a mascot. This Mythical Being wears a "Conscientious Objector: Gentle Hugs Here Only!" T-Shirt:]
page 191) Her newborn feathers still lightly smoking,
the Nixlet hopped across the grassy floor,
for she had yet to relearn to fly on her now tiny wings.
page 192) As she stopped to survey her surroundings, a soft voice spoke from under her:
"Hello, little Phoeniksss. Are you losssst?
I don't sssee many of your feathery disssspossition here on the ground very often."
page 193) She squeaked and jumped and fluttered a bit before landing in a feathery heap a short distance away.
page 194) "Jussst me. No need to be afraid."
There was flash of sunlight on moving scales, and then two slitted eyes were staring at her thoughtfully.
"I am the Anactivissstic Anaconda of the Arbitrary Arboreal Area. Which isss to ssay, thisss place."
The Anaconda's tail, holding a wand, waved it about in a nonspecific motion.
"My pronounsss are 'he' and 'him'. I am currently sssunbathing while I await the arrival of other Ssssnakefaeriess with baking ssuppliess. And you?"
page 195) "I am... A Phoenix. I am a Phoenix who does Phoenician things. My pronouns are 'she' and 'her'."
The Anactivistic Anaconda slithered about until he was once again curled up in the sunniest spot.
He wore a tiara, and the scail polish on his back made the words 'CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTOP: GENTLF HUGS C NLY!' - some of the writing had worn away.
"If you are not in a hurry, would you care to join me in waiting?
The Ssnakefaeriesss do not dissscriminate on grounds of age, occupation or sspeciess - you would be most welcome at our sssociety."
* If you are reborn as a Million-Label Phoenix, turn to page 200.
* If you are reborn as an Acategorical Phoenix, turn to page 220.
* If you are reborn as the Acategorical limit as n goes to infinity of an n-label Phoenix, turn to page 210.
* If you are reborn as a Phoenix who Refuses to be categorized even as Acategorical, turn to page 230.
page 200) The million-label Phoenix
page 210) The Acategorical limit as n goes to infinity of an n-label Phoenix
page 220) The Acategorical Phoenix
For now, have a tentative sketch of the ACategorical Cat!
page 221) The sign read
"Meeting of the Acategorical Cats and their Anactivistic Anacondas Society."
"Lol" thought the Nixlet "A third or higher generation Sheila and her Dog Society" and entered.
page 230) The Phoenix who refuses to be categorized even as Acategorical
* And some reports are in as regards how this term's CakeFaerie duels have fared...
* The next chainstory shall be called Cloud Nine, and be a plausible thrid member of the series Cloud Atlas, Sense 8 ... This will run between around Mayweek and around Xmas.
* First -b-l-o-o-d- granola in Christs'! Brienne of Tarte had some unfinished business in there with -S-t-a-n-n-i-s- well, with someone, anyway, who hopefully now has a smile on their face from the raisiny treat :)
* The Scouts then forayed into Peterhouse with a caramel bake to split up ...
* Meanwhile, an address has been caked in John's.
* Cambridge Safer Spaces Waterfighting Squash got Vanilla Cheesecaked by Brienne of Tarte!
Soc crest pics, at least when the page has been fully written enough, are in fact also clickable links:
Capture the Flag was played there with pride.
The second mouse kept on getting the cheese!
The Fruit Faerie appears to favour bicoloured seedless grapes at this point in time :)
* Direwolves raid to Newnham addresses, to dispense the "with silliness" option.
It is determined that Ribena is Silly.
It is explained how Sheila is Silly
Sidekick fluffy toys are in evidence; they are not called Podrick.
Sorry we forgot to give one of you your badge; another will do so for us!
Sorry also that we haven't got the carrot cake ready yet. That'll be at the squash.
Address caked in Corpus. Chronophage mentioned despite it not being a Silly call.
Silly incursion into Sidney. Sidney Sussex is a fairly silly place :) You know it's fresher's week when the person letting you into the accommodation block is Queen Cleopatra!
Time to feed the crocodiles, then! Direcrocodiles, even! Lions and tamers is not at all the same as crocodiles and tamers (Just William feels that way about this matter).
* Jesus has been baking-trayed.
* Gratitude is expressed at Homerton's new-found ability to CakeFaerie itself :)
* The CakeFaerie Squash is upon us soon! An icing pen has been acquired to write -redacted- on an unspecified-bakery-product of indeterminate-size to give to society-name-postponed. Elsewise it would not be a surprise!
* Various scouts set out from the CakeFaerie Squash with cakey goods... The sticky heads game is played (icebreaker involving gueessing what animal's name is written on one's forehead. With Red Backed Spider and Japanese Spider Crab featuring, we were disappointed not to have time for a second round featuring Spider Pig... Nobody said the creatures had to be *real* :) Also, one of the actual spiders living under the Squash's tree is called Boris.
* We remain in need of an underlying theme for this news! Suggestions welcome. E.g. Michaelmas 2013 was "a Game of Cake". That explains some of the names used by caking veterans and scouts. One might even say Spirit Riders, or Haliene!
* Apparently if you're Cake with Silliness and ask for a cakefaerie badge, you get something silly with it :)
* The large cake, with "chain" written upon it with an icing pen, appeared at the CUSFS Squash (Sci Fi).
We like CUSFS.
Aside from our own Safer Space sister societies of Sheila and her Dog and Cambridge Safer Spaces Waterfighting, they are now our closest cousin.
CUSFS are themselves a Safer Space of their own kind.
(Sheila and her Dog and Cambridge Safer Spaces Waterfighting are Safer Spaces of the same kind as the CakeFaeries. More on that later!)
* Cake spotted in Caius. Heavy calibre baking tray rotated into action in the Centre of Town ... Cake in Trinity.
* First duel challenges issued, in the Hill region.
* Comprehensive caking in Murray Edwards and Fitz.
* The Newnham fief has cookied itself!
* Homerton cakes itself. Twice, in fact :)
* Next up it's the Sheila and her Dog Society Squash, including for "CakeFaeries with Silliness" option :)
* Halloween Cake in Magdalene! Arwen Half-Elven, guilty as Charged!
* Cake in Pembroke, Emma and Corpus.
* Cake in Christs'
* Cake in Selwyn and Downing!
* More Cake in Christs! (Buckland part of The Shire) Someone's been awarded a Children's Book for that!
* "The Hill are Tolkien's Elven lands. From Rivendell -house of Arwen - by the fords of the river Bruinen (John's and Magdalene), to the Great Greenwood (Churchill and Wolfson Court Girton) where Legolas and Tauriel patrol. From the Heart of Elvendom on Middle Earth - the Lothlorien of Galadriel - (Murray Edwards), to the Grey Havens of Lindon (Fitz), and Doriath mysteriously shrouded behind the Girdle of Melian (Lucy Cavendish)". Clare Colony is the fortress city of Nargothrond. Gondolin is rumoured to be vaguely in this area too, though of course where it is is not to be spoken of"
* The Centre has been declared to be Hobbiton and the Shire more generally :) Four colleges in those parts have been chocolate baking trayed :)
* Homerton fief cakes itself again!
* More Duel Challenges issued...
* Jam tartes, cake and devil-cake at Cambridge Safer Spaces Waterfighting!
* Watchful eye cast in the direction of Queens' and Darwin :) Only Queens' gets caked.
* Cake in King's and Caius.
* Halloween CakeFaerie Group Raid 1 "Treat or Treat" does Lucy Cav through to Kings. This move includes a Sheila Meeting stop in unspecified-alleyland. % Keeps on going through Pembroke, where torches are useful in the unlit Red Building, and Peterhouse, where two Faeries are in.
* Halloween CakeFaerie Group Raid 2 starts off with Murray Edwards and Fitz. Two Faeries are in, one Silly and one Duelly :)
Reinforcements appear with Vegan Banana Cake reinforcements, so we go back in there for another pigeonhole and a silly rhyme left on someone's door.
We then leave a Poem and some Pumpkin Cheesecake and an excuse for not leaving a song, in Churchill. The excuse is their already having a song: The Song of Ice and Fire :)
Another Cakefaerie is found in, and further acquainted with Alan the Penguin.
Wolfson Court Girton is next.
Kitchen window knock break goes well in Lucy: nice person in kitchen letting us in is that block's Faerie herself :)
Further banana cake ordinance fired into Clare Colony, with a certain amount of silliness.
And then CUSFS's titular "A Feast For CUSFS" is delivered, in the form of the remaining banana cake, pumpkin cheesecake, salt-caramel cake and black forest gateau. There are various CakeFaeries in the audience, by which we've seen around 10 Faeries today :)
* Guy Fawkes Night: DireWolf Unit CakeFaeries raid Homerton! We find two cakefaeries in! And two more eating Pizza on the tables by the entrance. Wands are awarded. Balloons are noted. Two silly rhymes are left behind. Those found in got Cookies. Those out got wrapped chocolates. Baking is solicited. The unit then goes back into town via Peterhouse. The local Royal CakeFaerie is sighted! Another has cookies left by their door.
* Further Cake in Caius. Calls for Soc-Parenting are open.
* Cambridge Safer Space Waterfighting's Suburban battle takes place; remaining chocolates are present.
* Cake in Robinson!
* Two of the newer people involved in the above group-raids are awarded Wands :)
* Trinity Hall and Mem Court Clare are Caked, by the Black Forest Gateau Faerie.
* The Direwolf pack moves fast, so that St Regis House is not far for us. Ahooooooooooooooo!
* There is a further Hill-Raid...
* In a show of force, Chesterton, Wolfson, Girton and Mill Road are taken out in succession in under 24 hours by Nymeria, Ghost and Grey Wind. AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
* And Sheila with Cocoa...
* And three-way duelling to conclude the term's CakeFaerie Duelling...
After dark and eventually in woodland...